2500
When I bidded for this module, what I was hoping to achieve (besides finishing up with the general education requirements) was an overview of chemistry. Yes I did chemistry at A levels and yes as a life science student I am still very much dealing with chemistry, but I thought that perhaps I'd learn about chemistry's impact in other areas besides biology in a more relaxed manner.
What I didn't ask for, are lecture notes and a lecturer who keeps shoving the "CHEMISTRY is the most important science there is", "biomedical science is essentially CHEMISTRY", "CHEMISTS will solve -insert current issue-", "-insert nobel prize winner- was a CHEMISTRY student", "We need CHEMISTS to come up with inventive ideas!" in our faces. YES, I know that the world is made of chemicals. YES I know that chemistry is important. BUT NO, I WILL NOT WORSHIP CHEMISTRY. NOR WILL I, AS A RESULT OF YOUR CONSTANT REMINDERS, BE INSPIRED TO SWITCH TO CHEMISTRY. NEITHER DO I CARE HOW BIG THE CHEMISTRY COHORTS ARE CURRENTLY AND HOW BIG YOU THINK ITS GOING TO GROW. I'm just waiting for him to state that chemistry is the way, the truth and the light. No, seriously, I'm sure its possible to convey enthusiasm for a subject without constantly shoving your intellectual superiority and brilliant life choice in choosing chemistry in the faces of students.
Am studying for a test, and I just got a massive overdose of chemistry self patting on the back. Sorry to all my chemistry major friends - I have nothing against chemistry (as I am a student of science myself), you just have a very irritating lecturer.
What I didn't ask for, are lecture notes and a lecturer who keeps shoving the "CHEMISTRY is the most important science there is", "biomedical science is essentially CHEMISTRY", "CHEMISTS will solve -insert current issue-", "-insert nobel prize winner- was a CHEMISTRY student", "We need CHEMISTS to come up with inventive ideas!" in our faces. YES, I know that the world is made of chemicals. YES I know that chemistry is important. BUT NO, I WILL NOT WORSHIP CHEMISTRY. NOR WILL I, AS A RESULT OF YOUR CONSTANT REMINDERS, BE INSPIRED TO SWITCH TO CHEMISTRY. NEITHER DO I CARE HOW BIG THE CHEMISTRY COHORTS ARE CURRENTLY AND HOW BIG YOU THINK ITS GOING TO GROW. I'm just waiting for him to state that chemistry is the way, the truth and the light. No, seriously, I'm sure its possible to convey enthusiasm for a subject without constantly shoving your intellectual superiority and brilliant life choice in choosing chemistry in the faces of students.
Am studying for a test, and I just got a massive overdose of chemistry self patting on the back. Sorry to all my chemistry major friends - I have nothing against chemistry (as I am a student of science myself), you just have a very irritating lecturer.

<< Home