-cough-
Interesting...
It poured in the afternoon yesterday and I didn't bring an umbrella. So there I was in nus, looking out at the rain from an isolated block and wondering if I should just dash across (yes, it required some deliberation because I was carrying my laptop). And then I see someone approaching with an umbrella -hooray- and she was approaching me too -yay thank god for nice people!- and then she said,
"oh if you want to cross the road you can go behind this building then go up to the third floor, there's a path. You won't get wet."
And then she opened her umbrella and crossed the road.
Urm, won't it be easier if you, uh, offered to walk me across that 10m? I would... But I've never done it, people always turn down my offers. I wonder why... I'm too ugly to walk with? Haha...
This morning, I was running late for the 8am lecture. I thought I could make it in time, but my efforts in brisk walking were thwarted by this 3 folks who strolled up, across and down the overhead bridge in one straight line, chatting away happily, oblivious to the 14 or so people crowding behind them with varying looks of impatience. I wanted to laugh - we were walking in a block.
I don't know why, but I was reminded by chromatography - your sample won't (and shouldn't!) run faster than your solvent front. If you let your solvent run out of the medium (e.g. filter paper - overhead bridge) your separated analytes (stuck people) will run out (off the path into the grass and onto the path again, a good distance ahead) too, if they're small/fast enough. Not a good analogy, I must admit. Maybe I should hit the books more often, might come up with better ones.
------------
Anyway, the idea behind me taking experimental biochemistry this semester for my 6mc requirement thingy instead of experimental cell and molecular biology (my biochem only earned a B+ after a lot of struggling - same as anat wth and molecular genetics and biodiversity A- and A with very much less effort) is such that at the end of the intensive biochem-ing my abilities and thoughts in biochemistry SHOULD improve. At least that's the idea. I sure hope I don't screw up, though.
-back to biochem lab report 1-
It poured in the afternoon yesterday and I didn't bring an umbrella. So there I was in nus, looking out at the rain from an isolated block and wondering if I should just dash across (yes, it required some deliberation because I was carrying my laptop). And then I see someone approaching with an umbrella -hooray- and she was approaching me too -yay thank god for nice people!- and then she said,
"oh if you want to cross the road you can go behind this building then go up to the third floor, there's a path. You won't get wet."
And then she opened her umbrella and crossed the road.
Urm, won't it be easier if you, uh, offered to walk me across that 10m? I would... But I've never done it, people always turn down my offers. I wonder why... I'm too ugly to walk with? Haha...
This morning, I was running late for the 8am lecture. I thought I could make it in time, but my efforts in brisk walking were thwarted by this 3 folks who strolled up, across and down the overhead bridge in one straight line, chatting away happily, oblivious to the 14 or so people crowding behind them with varying looks of impatience. I wanted to laugh - we were walking in a block.
I don't know why, but I was reminded by chromatography - your sample won't (and shouldn't!) run faster than your solvent front. If you let your solvent run out of the medium (e.g. filter paper - overhead bridge) your separated analytes (stuck people) will run out (off the path into the grass and onto the path again, a good distance ahead) too, if they're small/fast enough. Not a good analogy, I must admit. Maybe I should hit the books more often, might come up with better ones.
------------
Anyway, the idea behind me taking experimental biochemistry this semester for my 6mc requirement thingy instead of experimental cell and molecular biology (my biochem only earned a B+ after a lot of struggling - same as anat wth and molecular genetics and biodiversity A- and A with very much less effort) is such that at the end of the intensive biochem-ing my abilities and thoughts in biochemistry SHOULD improve. At least that's the idea. I sure hope I don't screw up, though.
-back to biochem lab report 1-

<< Home