Chinese New Year News.
I am supposed to get better. C'mon back, stop being lazy, show some improvement will ya. Pain level has stagnated since Day 1 of CNY. Within bearable levels, but could very well do WITHOUT.
Oh well, at least I can lie on my back now (for periods of time) and stretch a little. Have no intention of er, stretching my limits any time soon.
I like CNY a lot. Apart from some thrashy remakes of the traditional songs, much of what I hear is good. Especially the cd played by this clothing shop in suntec - pure 华乐 with no extra drumset in the background nor human voice. I wanted to ask them where they bought the cd from. And the pineapple tarts and the mandarin oranges (but this year's oranges are quite thrashy-sian) and the bak kwa and the pig stomach and abalone soup and sadly, the extra weight. =(
Day 1 of CNY was very much subdued, which is a good and bad thing. I got to see my cousins on my dad's side whom I have not seen for 2 years because I didn't go visiting last year for obvious reasons. (apart from wq who's also in the same uni and another who came over a few days ago...) And there are more little kids running around now, with more on the way. My generation has moved up from being the 3rd (and youngest) generation to the 2nd generation. Of course there has been no change in generation standings on my mum's side, seeing that I'm the eldest of my generation (even if you take the entire extended family into consideration - my grandma was the eldest of 10 -or 11- siblings, and I think I have a few distant uncles/aunts who only just recently married. Nobody older than me calls me aunty though.) so unless I (or my brother) actually gets married and have kids anytime soon (which is not going to happen), I'd remain as the youngest generation there. Hmm.
Sidenote1: I don't actually recognise any granduncles/aunts or uncle/aunts apart from those whom I see everyday, and the 2 who dropped by regularly when my grandma was still around.
Sidenote2: Red packet collections have fallen drastically since I was a little primary-school going kid. Now its only half a day of family visiting and I'm done for the year.
Sidenote3: My paternal cousins concluded that my brother strongly resembles my older male cousin. (The only 2 guys out of the 12 of us making up this generation who call my grandparents grandparents.) (Do I make sense?) Which leads us to the conclusion (don't ask me HOW) that they will both resemble my granddad when they are 50 years older.
As always, a trip to River Hongbao was made. I saw some pretty 葫芦丝 there going for $100 EACH. It's more expensive than the average price of my 笛子 la! So no thanks, I'd get my 葫芦丝 when I visit Yunnan in the far off future.
Since I mentioned traveling I might as well state that One Day I'd love to make a long trip to China and visit all the places which inspired the 华乐 pieces which mean a lot to me. Like 苏州 for 姑苏行, 云南 for 难忘的泼水节, see the 敦煌壁画 for 飞天 and the list goes on. This would mean that I'd have to be Very Rich and Damn Free, which isn't going to ever happen in this lifetime. And even if I actually have that kind of money, I'd want to visit Europe first. -shrug- Just a fantasy then.
hs is in the Big Apple now. The World Looks Green To Me. hmph.
Oh well, at least I can lie on my back now (for periods of time) and stretch a little. Have no intention of er, stretching my limits any time soon.
I like CNY a lot. Apart from some thrashy remakes of the traditional songs, much of what I hear is good. Especially the cd played by this clothing shop in suntec - pure 华乐 with no extra drumset in the background nor human voice. I wanted to ask them where they bought the cd from. And the pineapple tarts and the mandarin oranges (but this year's oranges are quite thrashy-sian) and the bak kwa and the pig stomach and abalone soup and sadly, the extra weight. =(
Day 1 of CNY was very much subdued, which is a good and bad thing. I got to see my cousins on my dad's side whom I have not seen for 2 years because I didn't go visiting last year for obvious reasons. (apart from wq who's also in the same uni and another who came over a few days ago...) And there are more little kids running around now, with more on the way. My generation has moved up from being the 3rd (and youngest) generation to the 2nd generation. Of course there has been no change in generation standings on my mum's side, seeing that I'm the eldest of my generation (even if you take the entire extended family into consideration - my grandma was the eldest of 10 -or 11- siblings, and I think I have a few distant uncles/aunts who only just recently married. Nobody older than me calls me aunty though.) so unless I (or my brother) actually gets married and have kids anytime soon (which is not going to happen), I'd remain as the youngest generation there. Hmm.
Sidenote1: I don't actually recognise any granduncles/aunts or uncle/aunts apart from those whom I see everyday, and the 2 who dropped by regularly when my grandma was still around.
Sidenote2: Red packet collections have fallen drastically since I was a little primary-school going kid. Now its only half a day of family visiting and I'm done for the year.
Sidenote3: My paternal cousins concluded that my brother strongly resembles my older male cousin. (The only 2 guys out of the 12 of us making up this generation who call my grandparents grandparents.) (Do I make sense?) Which leads us to the conclusion (don't ask me HOW) that they will both resemble my granddad when they are 50 years older.
As always, a trip to River Hongbao was made. I saw some pretty 葫芦丝 there going for $100 EACH. It's more expensive than the average price of my 笛子 la! So no thanks, I'd get my 葫芦丝 when I visit Yunnan in the far off future.
Since I mentioned traveling I might as well state that One Day I'd love to make a long trip to China and visit all the places which inspired the 华乐 pieces which mean a lot to me. Like 苏州 for 姑苏行, 云南 for 难忘的泼水节, see the 敦煌壁画 for 飞天 and the list goes on. This would mean that I'd have to be Very Rich and Damn Free, which isn't going to ever happen in this lifetime. And even if I actually have that kind of money, I'd want to visit Europe first. -shrug- Just a fantasy then.
hs is in the Big Apple now. The World Looks Green To Me. hmph.

<< Home