the petri dish.

if you think i need a life... you're probably right.

星期六, 十二月 29, 2007

CH3CH2OH

The Damian and Alex Show never fails to cheer me up. I was laughing in under a minute, despite all the doom and gloom of the last 2 days. Its a very unique, very hilarious camaraderie and (dare I say it?) there's great chemistry! LOL.

I was the only one who touched anything containing ethanol (1 glass dessert wine, because damian was driving and alex suspects he's allergic to it), unless you want to count the tiramisu, but I think the casual observer can't tell who's the only one who drank in our party of 3 because we all took turns to sprout rubbish. Well, apart from the initial hour, because I bloom very quickly due to my lousy alcohol tolerance levels. Could have easily ordered a second glass, but then at the end of it I'd either be sprouting nonsense or blissfully asleep, as experience dictates. Wine is gooooooooooooood. Apparently I'm quite given to cackling like a hyena after alcohol, so I was trying to keep it down after noticing.

Actually - being drunk. I don't think its a nice feeling, and I don't think I want to go there either. Being mildly high on alcohol just makes me happier for a while but I think being completely inebriated - that sucks. First you laugh, then you cry, then you vomit, then its the drunken stupor, then the awakening and the amazing headache with the amazing hangover. Not my idea of a great time, really. So (to me now) it all boils down to control. Or maybe I haven't hit the point of no return, and so I'm not qualified to say anything. But really, it seems like a conscious choice you make. Being addicted to alcohol, becoming a regular drinker - it just isn't me. It isn't me the same way clubbing isn't me. I can grow to like wine, and I have, but the fact remains that at this stage, putting a cup of liquid containing ethanol to my nose and mouth still feels like lab - that I'm drinking ethanol.

But I think alcohol is dehydrating, so I need to drink loads of water. H2O H2O H2O. Loads and loads and loads of molecules of H20. (Great, I sound drunk.)

Not sure if I'm going to get killed for this, but they're like this bunch of great girlfriends that most girls have, that I don't. Granted, they're not girls - I know damian sees himself as some sort of pesky brother of mine and I occasionally call alex my meimei.. okay.. nevermind. For it to come down this way, I guess I'm not exactly a typical girl either.

2am dessert bar at holland v is good! The ambience is great - its perfect for parties of 2 actually (Thank heavens no obvious PDA-ing couples, I'd probably have thrown something at them), which is not so great when the 3 of us had to squeeze in that space because of erm, stuff like stinky feet and size. Not my kind of music, but after a glass of wine its all the same. Nevertheless, the desserts, while pricey, are interesting and pretty worth it. Unless you order the blackberry thingy, which I still think is a complete RIP OFF - sorry, damian, but its interesting because it comes with a little conical flask of what's that, thyme? I expected my mudslide to be, well, BROWN in colour, but the main feature turned out to be white chocolate mixed with cheese - and it tastes better than it originally sounded to me. Alex's tiramisu was the safest option, and it was good (the espresso ice cream was really espresso!), but I think there could be more rum to it heh heh. The toilet is a work of art too. In all a very nice place I'd say, apart from its location which took us some time to find.


Ice wine going for 60 bucks at cold storage - I am tempted.

I smell macdonalds. This is crazy. I need sleep already.